As anyone thats owned a horse will know, it is expensive to keep horses and because they work hard, we must ensure they are well looked after. We supplement their grass with hay and other hard feed, and they receive regular professional care from vets, dentists, chiropractors and farriers.
To keep our horses in top condition we ask that anyone wishing to support our work at Ambury Park Centre, considers doing, so by sponsoring a horse. This pays for for the upkeep of one particular working horse. A donation of $2500 per year ensures our working horse is in top condition to work at the centre, for this support, sponsors receive:
- The knowledge that they have made a significant difference to our programme
- Receive a commemorative photograph.
- Receive a regular newsletter.
- Are invited to the end-of-year prize giving.
- Plus you are welcome to visit your sponsored horse as see them in action
Some of the horses have been with us a long time, others are relatively new. We have both mares and geldings, and a variety of different breeds. Each horse has a distinct personality and, depending on a number of factors, is used for therapy rides, or by our full-time students, or both of these.